After surgery or hospitalization, some patients require additional care and transfer into a nursing home or rehabilitation facility to help improve their physical functioning. At Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital, we can “swing” you from the hospital into our Swing Bed Program, which includes skilled nursing, physical rehabilitation and other services based on your treatment plan. Even if you were hospitalized elsewhere, you can transfer to the Swing Bed Program at Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital, bringing you closer to your family.
Who Qualifies for Swing Bed
Patients who would benefit from Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital’s Swing Bed Program are those who have already been in the hospital for at least 3 days but require additional nursing care and/or rehabilitation services on a daily basis. Stays usually last from one to three weeks.
Examples of patients that would be appropriate for our program are:
- those needing care after orthopedic surgery, such as joint replacement or fractures
- patients needing to continue or complete IV therapy
- patients recovering from an accident, injury or illness
- post-surgical patients
What to Expect
Our focus is to improve your functional, nutritional and medical health so you can return home. Our team of doctors, nurses, rehabilitation therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), along with a social worker, dietitian and case manager will work with you, your family and your physician to create a customized treatment plan designed to help achieve your treatment goals.
Why Choose Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital
- Low patient to nurse ratio
- Readily available physicians
- Physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists
- In-house 24-hour emergency care
- In-house laboratory and imaging
- Close to your home, family and friends
Recover from your illness or injury close to home in the comfortable, healing environment of Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital.